Prep 30 mins
Cook 34 mins
A moist, delicious easy to make cake. Frost with a cream cheese icing or a caramel icing or a lemon icing.
- 1 (18 ounce) pkge. spice cake mix
- 1 cup blackberry jam
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2⁄3 cup oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or 1 cup chopped pecans
- Place cake mix, jam, buttermilk, oil, cinnamon and eggs in a large mixing bowl and beat on low speed 30 seconds. Increase speed to medium and beat 1 1/2 minutes longer or until smooth.
- Fold nuts into batter.
- Pour into 2 greased and floured 9 inch cake pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 34 minutes or until the tops spring back when lightly pressed with a finger.
- Cool on wire racks 10 minutes, then remove from pans.
- Let the layers cool completely on wire racks.
- When layers are cool, frost with a cream cheese, caramel or lemon frosting.