1/1 Photo of Kentucky Black Barbecue Sauce
Delicious & different! Not your typical barbecue sauce. My grown son loves this and calls me for the recipe constantly- I just send him here now. :) From the Dean and Deluca Cookbook. (Don't let the long list of ingredients scare you- you probably have everything on hand, and the sauce really goes together quite easily.) (Tip: makes a company worthy meal served alongside a pork tenderloin roast, baby potatoes, vegetable of your choice & a fresh rosemary sprig for garnish.) Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1/4 cup distilled white vinegar, plus
- 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce, plus
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar, plus
- 1 teaspoon light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1Heat the vegetable oil over moderate heat.
- 2Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes, or until the onion is soft and light golden brown.
- 3Add the remaining ingredients, and simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- 4(The sauce will thicken slightly).
- 5Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kentucky Black Barbecue Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (360 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 355.6
- Calories from Fat 83
- Total Fat 9.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2866.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 50.3 g
- Protein 0.5 g