Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
A delicious banana pudding-style dessert, with a cookie crust on bottom...wonderful! (Note: prep time includes cooking the pudding)
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half cream or 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 (12 ounce) box vanilla wafers
- 3 -4 bananas, peeled and sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the sugar, cornstarch, egg, evaporated milk and cream; mix together well, cooking on low until mixture is thickened remove from heat; add in vanilla, and mix well in a large bowl, or casserole dish.
- Arrange a layer of cookies on the botton
- Pour pudding mixture over the cookies
- Top with a layer of sliced bananas
- Refrigerate until chilled, serve within a few hours, or bananas tend to turn dark.