This recipe comes from my home, the Garden of England, renowned for its apple orchards and beloved by Charles Dickens.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Set oven to 425ºF or mark 7.
- 2Grease an 8 inch (approx) pie dish.
- 3Using half the apples, put a layer into the dish and sprinkle half the sugar over.
- 4Lay the remaining apples on top and push the cloves into some of the apple slices.
- 5Add the remaining sugar, the nutmeg and the water and make a final layer with the cheese.
- 6Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface and use it to cover the dish; trim and decorate.
- 7Brush with a little milk to glaze and bake for approximately 40 to 45 minutes.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kentish Apple and Cheese Pie
Serving Size: 1 (165 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 405.6
- Calories from Fat 148
- Total Fat 16.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 108.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 39.2 g
- Protein 3.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: