Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe comes from my home, the Garden of England, renowned for its apple orchards and beloved by Charles Dickens.
- Set oven to 425ºF or mark 7.
- Grease an 8 inch (approx) pie dish.
- Using half the apples, put a layer into the dish and sprinkle half the sugar over.
- Lay the remaining apples on top and push the cloves into some of the apple slices.
- Add the remaining sugar, the nutmeg and the water and make a final layer with the cheese.
- Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface and use it to cover the dish; trim and decorate.
- Brush with a little milk to glaze and bake for approximately 40 to 45 minutes.