Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe comes from my home, the Garden of England, renowned for its apple orchards and beloved by Charles Dickens.
- Set oven to 425ºF or mark 7.
- Grease an 8 inch (approx) pie dish.
- Using half the apples, put a layer into the dish and sprinkle half the sugar over.
- Lay the remaining apples on top and push the cloves into some of the apple slices.
- Add the remaining sugar, the nutmeg and the water and make a final layer with the cheese.
- Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface and use it to cover the dish; trim and decorate.
- Brush with a little milk to glaze and bake for approximately 40 to 45 minutes.