Recipe by Tandy Higgins
Our BUNKO club is blessed with a husband that is retired and researches and test recipe's. This is another one of his
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked basmati rice
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium high heat; add onion and almonds and sauté 7 minutes or until onion is tender and almonds are golden.
- Stir in rice and next 4 ingredients; sauté 2 minutes.
- Add broth, and bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 to 25 minutes or until rice is tender.