These turkey burgers were designed to be made in advance and frozen so that the quick and easiness of preparing the burger for a meal was achieved, and made in bulk to minimize time. Also, to control salt.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 egg white
- 1/3 cup low sodium beef broth (crushed)
- 1 beef bouillon cube (crushed)
- 1 cup onion (diced)
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons Dale's Steak Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Emeril's Original Essence
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 fresh garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon Emeril's Kicked Up Horseradish Mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon catsup
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle
- 1 slice ezekiel low-sodium sprouted-grain bread
- 1with a non stick pan, heat olive oil.
- 2shave garlic long ways in very thin slices. (thin as you can shave it).
- 3add fresh shaved garlic to hot olive oil. (separate all pieces).
- 4saute till garlic is golden brown. (not too brown).
- 5add diced onion to oil and saute.
- 6crush beef bullion cubes and add to 1/4 cup of beef broth and wisk.
- 7warm 30 sec in microwave and pour in remaining broth and wisk.
- 8mix dry spices in a small container first and shake well.
- 9add saute'd onion and stir.
- 10pour dry spices over turkey then mix by hand well, or with kitchen aid.
- 11add worcestershire, Dale's, and egg white to turkey and mix.
- 12mixture should be stiff enough to hold up the spatula.
- 13if too soupy add more turkey.
- 14refridgerate 30 min or more to let flavors mix and stiffen a bit.
- 15place a big spatula full of mixture on plastice rap.
- 16fold the wrap so that they make squares or rectangles. about 1/2" thick.
- 17put squares into a 1 gal zip lock baggie and freeze.
- 18Take out frozen patty.
- 19put in non-stick pan, cover top with more worcestershire sauce on medium.
- 20cover with lid about 6-8 minutes.
- 21turn square over and add a little more worcestershire, cover with lid 2-3 more minutes.
- 22cook down and when remaining sauce is thick spread sauce over patty.
- 23toast 2 slices of Ezekiel bread, spread Emerils horse radish mustard and catsup, pickles, thin onion,.
- 24put burger on top and spread a little more Dale's Steak sauce on it.
- 25top with fresh slice tomato and/or romaine lettuce.
- 26or cut burger in half to make 2 open faced burgers. (i like to do that).
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ken's Open Face Frozen Turkey Burgers
Serving Size: 1 (127 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 266.2
- Calories from Fat 146
- Total Fat 16.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 89.6 mg
- Sodium 388.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 21.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Dale's Steak Seasoning
Emeril's Original Essence
Emeril's Kicked Up Horseradish Mustard
low-sodium sprouted-grain bread