Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
These turkey burgers were designed to be made in advance and frozen so that the quick and easiness of preparing the burger for a meal was achieved, and made in bulk to minimize time. Also, to control salt.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 egg white
- 1⁄3 cup low sodium beef broth (crushed)
- 1 beef bouillon cube (crushed)
- 1 cup onion (diced)
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons Dale's Steak Seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Emeril's Original Essence
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 fresh garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Emeril's Kicked Up Horseradish Mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon catsup
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle
- 1 slice ezekiel low-sodium sprouted-grain bread
- with a non stick pan, heat olive oil.
- shave garlic long ways in very thin slices. (thin as you can shave it).
- add fresh shaved garlic to hot olive oil. (separate all pieces).
- saute till garlic is golden brown. (not too brown).
- add diced onion to oil and saute.
- crush beef bullion cubes and add to 1/4 cup of beef broth and wisk.
- warm 30 sec in microwave and pour in remaining broth and wisk.
- mix dry spices in a small container first and shake well.
- add saute'd onion and stir.
- pour dry spices over turkey then mix by hand well, or with kitchen aid.
- add worcestershire, Dale's, and egg white to turkey and mix.
- mixture should be stiff enough to hold up the spatula.
- if too soupy add more turkey.
- refridgerate 30 min or more to let flavors mix and stiffen a bit.
- place a big spatula full of mixture on plastice rap.
- fold the wrap so that they make squares or rectangles. about 1/2" thick.
- put squares into a 1 gal zip lock baggie and freeze.
- Take out frozen patty.
- put in non-stick pan, cover top with more worcestershire sauce on medium.
- cover with lid about 6-8 minutes.
- turn square over and add a little more worcestershire, cover with lid 2-3 more minutes.
- cook down and when remaining sauce is thick spread sauce over patty.
- toast 2 slices of Ezekiel bread, spread Emerils horse radish mustard and catsup, pickles, thin onion,.
- put burger on top and spread a little more Dale's Steak sauce on it.
- top with fresh slice tomato and/or romaine lettuce.
- or cut burger in half to make 2 open faced burgers. (i like to do that).
Great taste, especially for those of us who are meat lovers, this almost satisfies that urge. Freezing the patties ahead of time is good for just the wife and I when no one else is eating at the house. We are going to double everything next time. JB