Recipe by *Ken*
This is a great, sweet sauce for fried chicken and/or fries. The sauce is reminiscent of the mumbo sauce found in Chinese carry outs in the DC area. Enjoy! MUMBO® is a registered trademark of SELECT BRANDS LLC. www.selectbrandsllc.com/companyhistory.php
Top Review by shelitam
I was born and raised in the DC/MD area and now I live in SC. I grew up on chicken wings and mumbo sauce. This sauce is absolutely as close as it gets to the real thing. EXCELLENT!!!!
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon Hungarian paprika
- 3 tablespoons hot sauce
- 3 tablespoons water
- 4 tablespoons white vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl combine all ingredients. Mix well.
- Pour into pot.
- Bring to boil using low heat. Stirring constantly.
- Let cool or serve hot.
- To enhance the flavor of the sauce, just add more of the above ingredients. DO NOT USE SALT, because it will destroy the sweetness of the sauce.