Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a good recipe to use up left over ham, use on sandwich, crackers or dip.
- 1 lb left over ham (diced or cubed)
- 4 green onions, chopped (tops and bottoms)
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 medium celery ribs, peeled diced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish or 1 tablespoon dill pickle relish
- 1 teaspoon pickle juice
- hot sauce or cayenne pepper
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- In a food processor, add the green onions, celery and ham.
- Pulse until finely chopped.
- Place the ham mixture in a medium bowl, add the rest of the ingredients and mix together.
- Taste and re-season if needed.
- Place in icebox to rest for about 1/2 hour before serving.
This is absolutely outstanding and got rave reviews. We loved the flavor and it didn't last the day. Had it on crackers and on bread. Am making another batch.
UPDATE: Have tried using different flavored mustards i.e. dijon, herbed etc... And just gets better and is requested by ALL!
Wow. I'm sitting here enjoying this great snack on saltines as I type. I followed the recipe to the letter, used sweet pickle relish and about 1/2 tsp. of sriracha. I didn't taste the need for extra salt, so I left it out. This won't last long in the fridge! Thanks for posting.
very nice balance of flavors. my guests really loved it. as another reviewer pointed out, the quality of the ham you use is key. will definitely make this again.