Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This is recipe from my dad! It is a little spicy but nothing he makes is bland. It is great for a cold night!
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 64 ounces chicken stock
- 2 ham hocks
- 16 ounces frozen sweet corn, large
- 2 ham slices, cubed
- 2 habanero peppers, minced
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans cheddar cheese soup
- 1 (16 ounce) jar Cheese Whiz
- Melt butter in bottom of stock pot. Saute onions and peppers until tender.
- Add flour. Stir.
- Add chicken stock and ham hocks. Bring to boil.
- Simmer for 3-4 hours.
- Add corn, ham, cheese soup and cheese whiz.
- Heat through.
- ***Corn and ham can be adjusted to taste. These do not need to be exact amounts***.