Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I received this recipe from a co-worker. It has won awards at chili cook offs and is the best chili I have had yet.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb hot Italian sausage
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 onion
- 1 green pepper
- 1 jalapeno pepper, with seeds
- 1 chipotle pepper
- 1 (14 ounce) canhot canned chili
- 2 (14 ounce) cans pork and beans
- 1 (680 ml) can spaghetti sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- Remove casings from sausage and fry in large pot with ground beef.
- Add minced onion, garlic and the chopped peppers and cook until browned.
- Add remaining ingredients, simmer and serve.
Chili beans and Chili powder have a heavy storebought taste. Replace the 'chili powder' and add greater flavor with KEN'S seasoning...original with a touch of Xtra Hot added for those who want to really goose the heat! It has no salt. Gluten free, and no fillers. And because it lacks the wheat fillers the pkg is lighter than others..delivering more yaste per ounce. Then replace the chili beans with plain pinto beans so you get full flavor of KEN'S. Then..enjoy! Order at Kenschili.com
I was looking for a quick and lazy chili recipe for a potluck and this fit the bill. I didn't have a chipolte pepper so I used two jalapenos - one seeded and one not. This has a nice not "in your face" bite...more the afterbite burn. I made hubby try it and he declared it "not too spicy" (he's my taste tester for real people - I like to play with fire). I also simmered it for about an hour. Keeper. Thanks for sharing!
This was really tasty! Be sure to use a quality chili powder, not the cheap stuff. Will definitely make again. Thanks for posting!