Recipe by Chef Kenney J
A good recipe to use up leftover chicken or turkey. . Good served over rice, noodles, toast or biscuits. (I prefer biscuits myself) This recipe takes less than 30 minutes to fix, and will serve about 6 people.
- 5 1⁄2 ounces mushrooms, liquid reserved
- 5 1⁄2 ounces mushrooms, liquid drained
- 7 ounces diced pimentos
- 1 green bell pepper, diced small
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes (2 tsps)
- 2 cups cubed left over cooked chicken or 2 cups cooked turkey
- 1 (15 ounce) canearly le seuer peas
- 1 1⁄4 cups hot water
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook bell pepper and mushrooms in butter over medium heat till pepper get soft.
- Mix in flour,salt, pepper, and paprika stirring constantly over low heat till mixture starts to get bubbly.
- Mix bouillon to hot water and pour into mixture slowly and mix till smooth, add mushroom liquid and milk mixing till smooth.
- Heat on medium high stirring constantly, bring to a boil and stir for about 1 or 2 minutes or till mixture gets thick as you want it.
- Add chicken, peas, and pimentos; heat and serve.
- Hope you enjoy it as much as I do. Ken.