Kens Cajun Chili Con Carne With Beans
- Break off stems of chilies and remove seeds. Place chilies in a small saucepan and cover with water. Simmer the chilies for 30 minutes Pour chilies into blender with some to the juice to make a smooth, thin paste. Use as little liquid as possible.
- In an 8 quart dutch oven, add 2 tablespoons olive oil and brown the venison and sausage. Remove and set aside.
- Place the onions, bell pepper, and spices in the dutch oven and cook over medium heat until the onions are start to clear. Then return the meat to the dutch oven and add the chili puree. Add the bottle of dark beer and beef bullion mixture to cover the meat plus one inch.
- Cook for 30 minutes over medium heat.
- Add the presoaked kidney beans and cook for another 45 minutes.
- Then add the masa flour and cook another 20-30 minutes Adjust seasoning at this time.