2 hrs 45 mins
Chef #232508's Note:
A good basic chili with a slight Cajun twist.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 dried ancho chiles
- 3 lbs venison stew meat or 3 lbs lean beef
- 1 lb andouille sausage
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons gumbo file
- salt and pepper
- 10 -12 ounces Mexican tomatoes
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 diced bell pepper
- 1 lb pre soaked dried red kidney beans
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle dark beer
- 2 tablespoons masa corn flour
- 1Break off stems of chilies and remove seeds. Place chilies in a small saucepan and cover with water. Simmer the chilies for 30 minutes Pour chilies into blender with some to the juice to make a smooth, thin paste. Use as little liquid as possible.
- 2In an 8 quart dutch oven, add 2 tablespoons olive oil and brown the venison and sausage. Remove and set aside.
- 3Place the onions, bell pepper, and spices in the dutch oven and cook over medium heat until the onions are start to clear. Then return the meat to the dutch oven and add the chili puree. Add the bottle of dark beer and beef bullion mixture to cover the meat plus one inch.
- 4Cook for 30 minutes over medium heat.
- 5Add the presoaked kidney beans and cook for another 45 minutes.
- 6Then add the masa flour and cook another 20-30 minutes Adjust seasoning at this time.
Browse Our Top Cajun Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cajun Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kens Cajun Chili Con Carne With Beans
Serving Size: 1 (316 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 718.4
- Calories from Fat 238
- Total Fat 26.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 62.9 mg
- Sodium 718.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.2 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 64.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: