Recipe by burgerken
When finished-off on the grill, the brats will be tasty, non-greasy. Place in stadium bun, top with the beer-boiled onions, your favorite condiment and enjoy. Buns can be browned on the grill.
- 6 bratwursts, NOT pre-cooked. I prefer JV
- 2 onions, sliced. More is optional as they will become topping for the brats
- 2 (12 ounce) cans beer, or, enough to cover the brats and onions
- 6 hot dog buns
Directions See How It's Made
- Cover and bring to a boil, then simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove brats, increase heat and allow onions to caramelize in the beer.
- Toss brats onto pre-heated grill and spray/mist with water to help crisp the skin.
- Remove when nice grill marks have formed.
- Serve on stadium buns (browned if you'd like), topped with the beer boiled onions, mustard, or your favorite condiment.