1/4 Photos of Kenny's Brain Spread
Linda's Busy Kitchen's Note:
This is a GREAT appetizer for your next Halloween Party! If you don't have a brain mold, you can substitute by lining a med. size round bowl with saran wrap and making your mold. Once the mold is set, you can take the round end of a knife or a pencil eraser and create your crevices and creases to make your brain, as in the picture I have posted. Takes a little more time, but works well. When done designing your brain, peel off the saran wrap, and plate to serve along with your crackers, chips etc.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 (1/4 ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin, softened in 1/4 cup water
- 1 bunch green onion, finely chopped
- 1 lb crabmeat (or 3 lbs. cooked shrimp, coarsely chopped) or 1 lb lobster, shredded (or 3 lbs. cooked shrimp, coarsely chopped)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Tabasco sauce or creole seasoning, to taste
- 1Heat soup, undiluted, and mix in the cream cheese.
- 2Stir in softened gelatin, and blend well.
- 3Fold in remaining ingredients, and pour into a lightly-oiled brain mold. (I pour some oil in and swirl it around, then pour out excess).
- 4Chill until firm, and serve with your favorite crackers, pita or bagel chips or scoops.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kenny's Brain Spread
Serving Size: 1 (113 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 239.8
- Calories from Fat 159
- Total Fat 17.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 50.1 mg
- Sodium 836.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 11.1 g