1/4 Photos of Kenny's Brain Spread
Linda's Busy Kitchen's Note:
This is a GREAT appetizer for your next Halloween Party! If you don't have a brain mold, you can substitute by lining a med. size round bowl with saran wrap and making your mold. Once the mold is set, you can take the round end of a knife or a pencil eraser and create your crevices and creases to make your brain, as in the picture I have posted. Takes a little more time, but works well. When done designing your brain, peel off the saran wrap, and plate to serve along with your crackers, chips etc.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 (1/4 ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin, softened in 1/4 cup water
- 1 bunch green onion, finely chopped
- 1 lb crabmeat (or 3 lbs. cooked shrimp, coarsely chopped) or 1 lb lobster, shredded (or 3 lbs. cooked shrimp, coarsely chopped)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Tabasco sauce or creole seasoning, to taste
- 1Heat soup, undiluted, and mix in the cream cheese.
- 2Stir in softened gelatin, and blend well.
- 3Fold in remaining ingredients, and pour into a lightly-oiled brain mold. (I pour some oil in and swirl it around, then pour out excess).
- 4Chill until firm, and serve with your favorite crackers, pita or bagel chips or scoops.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kenny's Brain Spread
Serving Size: 1 (93 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 239.8
- Calories from Fat 159
- Total Fat 17.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 50.1 mg
- Sodium 836.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 11.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: