Recipe by Linda's Busy Kitchen
This is a GREAT appetizer for your next Halloween Party! If you don't have a brain mold, you can substitute by lining a med. size round bowl with saran wrap and making your mold. Once the mold is set, you can take the round end of a knife or a pencil eraser and create your crevices and creases to make your brain, as in the picture I have posted. Takes a little more time, but works well. When done designing your brain, peel off the saran wrap, and plate to serve along with your crackers, chips etc.
Top Review by onlyjennyodie
This was a HUGE hit at my Halloween party - I will make it for every party (minus the brain mold!) I used 4 Tbspns of Tabasco for plenty of kick, and used lobster-flavored surimi to keep costs down.
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 (1/4 ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin, softened in 1/4 cup water
- 1 bunch green onion, finely chopped
- 1 lb crabmeat (or 3 lbs. cooked shrimp, coarsely chopped) or 1 lb lobster, shredded (or 3 lbs. cooked shrimp, coarsely chopped)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Tabasco sauce or creole seasoning, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat soup, undiluted, and mix in the cream cheese.
- Stir in softened gelatin, and blend well.
- Fold in remaining ingredients, and pour into a lightly-oiled brain mold. (I pour some oil in and swirl it around, then pour out excess).
- Chill until firm, and serve with your favorite crackers, pita or bagel chips or scoops.