1/1 Photo of Kenn's Raspberry Balsamic Reduction
Kenn Alan's Note:
This is a sweet and tart condiment that is designed to be savored much like fine caviar. The flavors are so intense that a little goes a long way. This makes a great "from my kitchen" gift! This recipe can be enjoyed three ways: The delicious aromas produced will overtake any odors while you are cooking the reduction; the recipient of the gift will appreciate the homemade gift; you will be overwhelmed with praise when they taste it! Serve as an appetizer on a sweet cracker, smoked Gouda or both; slice of apple or pear; peach half or slice of mango. Serve on lamb chops or London broil. Don't stop there! There are too many serving possibilities to list. Serving size is ¼ tsp. Servings per batch: 192
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups good quality balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups fresh ripe raspberries
- 3 tablespoons granulated unbleached cane sugar
- 1Wash raspberries and pat dry with a lint-free cloth.
- 2In a sauce reduction pan or 9" skillet, pour in vinegar and rapidly bring up to temperature. (about 175°f) Add sugar and dissolve. Raise temperature to near boil. Add raspberries and stir mixture until reduced by about 2/3.
- 3Be careful not to scorch. You must continue stirring until complete.
- 4This can be canned in 4 ounce jars for gift giving.
- 5Canning instructions: While still hot; dip reduction into sanitized 4 ounce canning grade jars, leaving ½" headspace. Place sanitized sealable lids onto jars and place in water bath canner and process for 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kenn's Raspberry Balsamic Reduction
Serving Size: 1 (604 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 242.2
- Calories from Fat 10
- Total Fat 1.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.9 g
- Sugars 45.9 g
- Protein 2.2 g