This is a sweet and tart condiment that is designed to be savored much like fine caviar. The flavors are so intense that a little goes a long way. This makes a great "from my kitchen" gift! This recipe can be enjoyed three ways: The delicious aromas produced will overtake any odors while you are cooking the reduction; the recipient of the gift will appreciate the homemade gift; you will be overwhelmed with praise when they taste it! Serve as an appetizer on a sweet cracker, smoked Gouda or both; slice of apple or pear; peach half or slice of mango. Serve on lamb chops or London broil. Don't stop there! There are too many serving possibilities to list. Serving size is ¼ tsp. Servings per batch: 192
- 1 1⁄2 cups good quality balsamic vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh ripe raspberries
- 3 tablespoons granulated unbleached cane sugar
- Wash raspberries and pat dry with a lint-free cloth.
- In a sauce reduction pan or 9" skillet, pour in vinegar and rapidly bring up to temperature. (about 175°f) Add sugar and dissolve. Raise temperature to near boil. Add raspberries and stir mixture until reduced by about 2/3.
- Be careful not to scorch. You must continue stirring until complete.
- This can be canned in 4 ounce jars for gift giving.
- Canning instructions: While still hot; dip reduction into sanitized 4 ounce canning grade jars, leaving ½" headspace. Place sanitized sealable lids onto jars and place in water bath canner and process for 10 minutes.
found it was too sweet for lamb