1/3 Photos of Kennett Square Mushroom Soup
Irish Rose's Note:
We use to live near the mushroom capital of the world, Kennett Square, PA and this is my favorite mushroom soup recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a 2 quart saucepan, melt butter and stir in flour until smooth.
- 2Gradually stir in broth until smooth. Add salt, pepper and bay leaves.
- 3Simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 4Meanwhile, in another saucepan, saute the celery and onion in oil until tender. Add mushrooms; cook and stir until tender.
- 5Add veggies to broth mixture and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 6Add cream and heat through. Discard bay leaves and serve.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kennett Square Mushroom Soup
Serving Size: 1 (292 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 313.9
- Calories from Fat 246
- Total Fat 27.3 g
- Saturated Fat 11.7 g
- Cholesterol 45.4 mg
- Sodium 787.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 6.9 g