Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is an interesting recipe that I found in a cookbook called "BBQ Nation" from Fred Thompson. You marinate the chicken, grill it and then steam the chicken. Patton says if he has any Bbq rub on hand, he will toss some into the marinade as well. This recipe sounded delicious so I'm posting it here for safekeeping. Cooking and prep time does not include marinating or steaming times. I have estimated the time to grill the chicken, it will depend on what pieces you use and their size.
- 2 (8 ounce) bottles Italian dressing
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon crushed black peppercorns
- 8 pieces chicken
- Mix first six ingredients together. Place in to a ziplock bag. Then add the marinade, reserving some of the marinade for basting the chicken. Place in refrigerator and marinate overnight.
- Grill the chicken until done, basting frequently with the reserved marinade.
- Meanwhile, fill a cooler or large pot with hot water to get it hot. Once the chicken is done, empty the cooler. Put the chicken in for an hour or so with with the lid on tight. This gives the chicken a chance to rest and rehydrate.
I made this a week or so ago and it was pretty simple and tasty.