Recipe by carrie sheridan
made in hyannisport and a favorite of John Kennedy, Jr
Top Review by Marie Nixon
I added 1/4 teaspoon salt to the recipe. These turned out to be a very fudgy brownie. I baked mine for about 28 minutes. The brownies rise during baking but then fall during cooling. They taste better the day after baking.
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- butter an 8 inch square pan.
- melt 4 oz butter on low heat and then stir in 2 oz unsweetened chocolate to melt.
- Set aside.
- Beat 2 eggs and add in 1 cup sugar.
- Beat eggs/sugar for about 2 minutes, until the batter is very light.
- Beat in the melted butter and chocolate.
- Add flour and vanilla and mix just until blended.
- Turn batter into pan.
- Bake 25 minutes.
- DO NOT OVERBAKE.
- Let cool and cut into squares.