Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
made in hyannisport and a favorite of John Kennedy, Jr
Make and share this Kennedy Family Brownies recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- butter an 8 inch square pan.
- melt 4 oz butter on low heat and then stir in 2 oz unsweetened chocolate to melt.
- Set aside.
- Beat 2 eggs and add in 1 cup sugar.
- Beat eggs/sugar for about 2 minutes, until the batter is very light.
- Beat in the melted butter and chocolate.
- Add flour and vanilla and mix just until blended.
- Turn batter into pan.
- Bake 25 minutes.
- DO NOT OVERBAKE.
- Let cool and cut into squares.
I added 1/4 teaspoon salt to the recipe. These turned out to be a very fudgy brownie. I baked mine for about 28 minutes. The brownies rise during baking but then fall during cooling. They taste better the day after baking.
After making these rather simple brownies, I was going to give it a 4-star rating, but then realized that I'd tagged the recipe well-knowing that it wasn't all jazzed up like I usually make, what with extra chunks of chocolate &/or raisins or other dried fruit, etc! This IS a recipe for simple brownies, but THEY ARE, in fact, VERY TASTY & a nice little fix for the not-over-indulgent chocoholic! [Tagged, made & reviewed in the Election Eats Tag Game]
I made this recipe on 10/24/08 for the " Election Eats "tag game.I had to make a substitution for the unsweetened chocolate,6 Tblsp. of cocoa powder and 2 tablespoons of shortening was used.Other than that the was followed the recipe as written. The recipe was baked as directed for 25 minutes at 350 degrees. But after removing and cooling, in my opinion this needed at least another 5 to 10 minutes to get completely done. The taste was just fine. Thanks for posting and, "Keep Smiling :)"