Recipe by Feingold Mom
My kids and I make this every year. It is so yummy and Feingold friendly. If your child is sensitive to corn syrup, you can use simple syrup with the same results. The flavor will be a bit different though, more of a maple flavor.
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white Karo
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped nuts (we prefer pecans)
- 1 cup miniature marshmallow
- 3 beaten egg whites
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook sugar, karo and water until it forms a pretty firm ball when tested in.
- cold water.
- Pour half of syrup slowly over stiff egg whites, beating.
- Let balance of syrup cook until it spins a long thread or.
- cracks when tested in cold water.
- Add marshmallows to first mixture—then.
- pour remaining syrup over first mixture.
- Add vanilla and pecans and continue beating until it holds its shape.
- Pour into buttered pan. Cool and cut into squares.