Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
My family loves this recipe which I typically serve on special occasions. The green beans do not remain crisp, but rather absorb the flavor of the onions, garlic, sausage, and beef broth.
- Caramelize the onion in the butter over medium heat.
- Stir in garlic, remove from heat, and allow to sit for 10 minutes.
- Add the rest of ingredients and cook on medium high heat for 15 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook another 15 minutes.
- Green beans are done when most, but not quite all of the liquid has evaporated.
- Taste and adjust salt and pepper.
At first, I was nervous, because I tend more toward tender-crisp veggies, preference-wise. But these were very yummy. I used bouillon for the broth, and plain old frozen sausage links, and they turned out great. Good Thanksgiving dish for a little something different.