Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is my own creation. It is one of the signature recipes of One Pan Wonders - http://www.onepanwonders.com I created this to impress a certain someone on a one-night Pacific Crest Trail trip. He had jokingly asked for chicken and dumplings for dinner My hiking buddies were drooling in my pan. That night we watched the full moon rise, lighting up the mountains around us. Simply amazing. I'm married to that man now. :)
- 1 (7 ounce) packet cooked chicken (foil pouch)
- 2 1⁄4 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 3 teaspoons chicken bouillon
- 1 tablespoon dried vegetable flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- At home: put the Bisquick, and parsley in a zip locking plastic bag. In a second bag put the remaining ingredients. Carry the chicken pouch seperately.
- In camp: bring 3 cups of water to a boil, add the broth/veggie mix. Reduce heat and keep simmering.
- Add the chicken. Meanwhile, make the dumplings by adding 2/3 cup of water to the bag of Bisquick. Zip shut and squish to combine well. Snip off a corner off the bag and squeeze out dumplings.
- Let them simmer, covered, for a couple of minutes or until they puff up and float to the top.