Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
From the Nascar cookbook "Cooking Lifestyles". My family loves this tettrazini style casserole! Ann Scrader is obviously a great cook, as I've never had anyone turn this down! Makes enough to feed an entire pit crew!
- 10 -12 chicken breasts
- 1 lb vermicelli
- 2 lbs Velveeta cheese (low-fat works great)
- 1 (10 ounce) candiced tomatoes and green chilies
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (4 ounce) jar canned mushroom slices, drained
- 2 green bell peppers, chopped
- 2 yellow onions, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- Place chicken in large stockpot & cover with water. Salt & pepper to taste. Bring to a boil and cook until tender. Cool chicken, save broth. Cut chicken into chunks.
- Cook vermicelli in broth. When done, add cheese, cut into chunks. Stir until melted. Add tomatoes, Worcestershire, mushrooms, and chicken.
- Sauté onions and peppers in butter. Add to pot. Stir well. Pour into casserole dishes.
- To serve, bake at 350°F for 45 minutes (longer if frozen).
- Yield: 16+ servings.
A wonderful recipe, here. I did cut the recipe in half, since there were only 4 of us, now the race tommorow night for the leftovers. I did add a little parsley, and I added a red bell pepper. I did use lowfat cheese and it worked great. Thanks for another winner Kizzikate !! Made for 1-2-3 hit wonders.
Thanks Kizzikate! A wonderful recipe that our whole family enjoyed!! M.Sutphen