Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Refreshing Vietnamese dessert. Cooking time is freezing time.
Make and share this Kem Trai Vai Voi Gung- Lychee and Ginger Ice recipe from Food.com.
- 100 g lychees in heavy syrup
- 15 g gingerroot, peeled and grated
- 150 ml water
- mint leaf, for garnish
- lychees, for garnish
- Put the lychees in a blender or food processor together with the ginger and water. Process to a fine puree.
- Pour the mixture into a 23cm square baking tin and put into the freezer for 3 hours.
- Break the iced mixture into chunks and process again until slushy.
- Return to the baking tin and freeze once more until solid.
- Allow the mixture to soften lightly (about 5 minutes) and scoop into 4 champagne glasses or rice bowls.
- Garnish with mint leaves and lychees.
WOW! This is delicious and impressive! Really a special recipe to serve to guests!
I love the exotic taste of the lychees with the ginger.
I used canned ginger and fresh for decoration.
Will do it again!
OUTSTANDING TREAT! I more or less followed Jen's suggestions & included all the lychee juice & served it in bowls for the 2 of us, & in no time, all-gone, none-left! And although we still eat frozen desserts during the winter-time, this will be a great treat during the warmer months as well! A definite keeper! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my Vegan groupmates in the Vegetarisn/Vegan Recipe Swap 5]
Wonder what the Vietnamese word for WOW! is...we loved this! Since we like sweet desserts, I used the extra lychee juice in the can instead of water - so in total, half the lychees and all of the liquid in a 20 ounce can. I also used finely chopped crystallized ginger (two 2" pieces). Since you suggested the champagne glass, at the last minute we added a shot of Soho liqueur and made it into a drink. Unless you have special spoons, it would be easier to eat out of a bowl if serving as a dessert. The portions would be quite small for four; for us this was perfect for two and we wish we had more! Very refreshing and different, and highly recommended! Made for the Photo Tag Game.