Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
My friends and I were in our garden and we saw that the cucumbers and tomatoes were ripe. From there, the recipe was completely experimental, but ended up tasting delicious!
- 4 -6 cucumbers
- 4 -6 tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 1⁄4 red onion
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup bacon (we used pre-cooked, you can cook your own as well, but we saved time)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 cups cooked pasta (optional)
- Slice cucumbers, tomatoes, and onions.
- Tear bacon.
- Combine all ingredients in small bowl; stir well.
- Serve immediately or chill until ready to serve.
Made double batch (only side dish offered) of this for a party & had WAY too much leftover.
Easy, but won't make again.
This simple cucumber, tomato salad is packed full of flavor. The dressing was just just right with a hint of cayenne pepper. I decided to use red wine vinegar since the recipe did not specify what kind of vinegar to use. It was perfect. I also mixed in some whole wheat rotini, and served the salad cold. Great recipe. Thanks for posting it. Adopted for PAC April 2008.