Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a light, refreshing salad. Perfect for lunch or to start off a meal. This is a scaled down version of the salad that will be served at our daughter's wedding. The caterer was generous enough to provide us with the recipe. Note: Cooking time is chilling time for the dressing.
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fresh basil, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups mixed salad greens
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- 1⁄4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 8 slices bacon, crumbled
- 1 pear, sliced thin (Red Bartletts work well)
- In a bowl or shaker, combine olive oil, vinegar, basil, brown sugar, garlic and salt. Mix and chill for at least 1 hour.
- In a large bowl add salad greens, almonds, feta cheese, bacon and pear slices.
- Drizzle with dressing and toss gently to coat.
I used to eat something like this when I was young, slim, healthy and human in appearance. Best yet!
What an amazing combination. I (and everyone else!) loved this. Will make again and again!
This is a wonderful combination of flavors. I looked at the calorie and fat count and decided to lighten it up. The recipe was reduced to serve 2. Half the dressing was made and only a portion was used to dress the salad. One slice of crisp bacon was added and only a sprinkle of feta for flavor. The Red Bartlett is the perfect choice for this salad.