Prep & Cook time doesn't include cool down time.
Make and share this Kelly's Strawberry Cornbread recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees, grease a 9 inch square baking pan.
- Combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl until well blended; make a well in the center In a small bowl, whisk together the egg, buttermilk and melted butter or margarine.
- Pour mixture into well, stir together till moistened.
- Batter should be lumpy Pour batter into prepared pan, spreading evenly.
- With a spoon, dollop the jam over the top of the batter, spacing evenly Bake for 30- 35 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool in the pan on wire rack for 15 minutes.
- Cut into squares and serve.