Recipe by Wildflour
I love making these! They're fun and taste SO GOOD! Great for lunch, dinner or parties! Make one long loaf or individual ones!
Top Review by Marsha D.
Tried this recipe for lunch today. It turned out pretty good. My hubsand liked it. I fellowed recipe and added a few touches of my own. I sprinkled a dash of basil and parsley over top after I brushed with melted butter and than sprinkled parmesan cheese. I think it would be extremely good if you add a tablespoon or two of pizza sauce over dough before you add your ingredients,than bake according to directions.
- 1 (11 ounce) packagerefrigerated French bread dough
- 9 slices deli ham (thin slices)
- 6 chopped green onions
- 8 -10 slices bacon, cooked, crumbled
- 24 chopped black olives
- 8 ounces shredded swiss cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Unroll dough onto lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Place slices of ham on top, overlapping into 3 rows, to within ½” of edges.
- Sprinkle evenly with onions, bacon and olives.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Roll up, jelly~ roll style, starting from long end.
- Seal long seam, pinching, seal ends and tuck under a little.
- Place seam~side down onto cookie sheet.
- With sharp knife, cut several ¼” deep slits on top at an angle.
- Brush with egg wash, butter, or olive oil.
- Sprinkle with a pinch or 2 of salt.
- Sprinkle lightly with parmesan cheese if desired.
- Bake in 350• oven for 26-30 minutes till golden brown.
- Let cool just a bit.
- Cut into slices at an angle.
- About 3-4 servings.
- You can also make 2-4 individual ones if desired.