Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I love making these! They're fun and taste SO GOOD! Great for lunch, dinner or parties! Make one long loaf or individual ones!
- 1 (11 ounce) packagerefrigerated French bread dough
- 9 slices deli ham (thin slices)
- 6 chopped green onions
- 8 -10 slices bacon, cooked, crumbled
- 24 chopped black olives
- 8 ounces shredded swiss cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- Unroll dough onto lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Place slices of ham on top, overlapping into 3 rows, to within ½” of edges.
- Sprinkle evenly with onions, bacon and olives.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Roll up, jelly~ roll style, starting from long end.
- Seal long seam, pinching, seal ends and tuck under a little.
- Place seam~side down onto cookie sheet.
- With sharp knife, cut several ¼” deep slits on top at an angle.
- Brush with egg wash, butter, or olive oil.
- Sprinkle with a pinch or 2 of salt.
- Sprinkle lightly with parmesan cheese if desired.
- Bake in 350• oven for 26-30 minutes till golden brown.
- Let cool just a bit.
- Cut into slices at an angle.
- About 3-4 servings.
- You can also make 2-4 individual ones if desired.
Tried this recipe for lunch today. It turned out pretty good. My hubsand liked it. I fellowed recipe and added a few touches of my own. I sprinkled a dash of basil and parsley over top after I brushed with melted butter and than sprinkled parmesan cheese. I think it would be extremely good if you add a tablespoon or two of pizza sauce over dough before you add your ingredients,than bake according to directions.
This recipe worked out really well. I used "Sweet Honey French Bread" #45722 for the French bread dough. My loaf took the full 30 minutes to cook. After it cooled, I cut into individual servings and wrapped them in foil and froze them. I will take them out of the freezer one at a time and bring to work for lunch next week. This will be a nice treat for my brown bag lunch.