One of my all-time favorites! Hope you try them! :)
Make and share this Kelly's Spicy Buffalo Wings and Drumettes recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs frozen chicken wings (or both) or 2 1⁄2 lbs chicken drummettes, thawed (or both)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup Frank's red hot sauce, 1 bottle
- 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1⁄16-1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- oil (for cooking)
- 1 cup thick and chunky bleu cheese salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese (optional)
- celery rib
- In deep chicken fryer or large deep skillet, cover bottom of pan with vegetable oil and heat over medium heat til oil is hot.
- Add wings and drummettes, place on tight fitting lid, and turn down heat to medium-low.
- Cook about 20-25 minutes til chicken pieces are done, turning several times.
- *Cooking them with a lid on keeps them moist and tender.
- While chicken is cooking, melt butter in medium-sized frying pan.
- Stir in hot sauce, bbq sauce, chili powder, pepper and garlic powder.
- Cook on low about 5 minutes.
- When chicken is done, add pieces to sauce and toss.
- Serve now, or bake in 375 oven for 3-5 minutes if desired.
- Serve with celery ribs, and bleu cheese dressing topped with crumbled cheese for dipping.