This has been a favourite meal of mine for years. Easy and tasty, the aroma alone is great! I use a Dolmio bolognese sauce (sold in the UK) which is excellent but your favorite spaghetti sauce will do just as well. I'm not a big garlic fan so I don't tend to use a lot of it in this recipe but for those who are, you might want to add a whole garlic clove instead of half. Mushrooms go great too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground beef
- 12 ounces spaghetti
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium Spanish onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 7 1/4 ounces diced tomatoes
- 1 beef bouillon cube (Oxo if possible)
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon basil
- 1/8 thyme
- 1 (320 g) jar of dolmio bolognese sauce or 1 (320 g) jar your fave spaghetti sauce
- parmesan cheese, grated
- 1Heat oil in a heavy-based skillet.
- 2Fry onions and garlic for a few minutes or until softened.
- 3Add beef and cook over moderate heat until no longer pink, stirring to break up.
- 4Crumble the bouillon cube over beef and continue stirring for a minute or so.
- 5Add the diced tomatoes, Dolmio (or other spaghetti sauce) and seasonings to pan then bring to boil.
- 6Reduce heat and simmer for 25 minutes.
- 7Meanwhile cook the spaghetti in boiling salted water according to packet instructions and drain thoroughly.
- 8Serve with bolognese mixture on top of spaghetti and sprinkled with the Parmesan cheese.
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kelly's Spaghetti Bolognese
Serving Size: 1 (283 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 603.6
- Calories from Fat 181
- Total Fat 20.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 77.2 mg
- Sodium 344.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 33.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: