Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 mins
I made this one up after looking at the many bruschetta recipes here on the Zaar, but wanting something just a little diferent. Plus, I wanted to use ingredients I had on hand. My guests loved these - they were gone in a flash!
- 1 French baguette
- garlic butter
- 6 roma tomatoes, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 12 medium shrimp, cooked,peeled & diced
- 48 slices mozzarella cheese
- Slice baguette into 3/8" rounds.
- Toast sliced bread on grill about 3 minutes on each side, watching carefully so it doesn't burn (or toast in your oven broiler).
- Spread each slice with a bit of the garlic butter.
- In a medium bowl, combine all remaining ingredients except mozzarella.
- Place a tablespoon of the tomato mixture on each slice of bread.
- Top each slice with a piece of mozzarella cheese.
- Place all appetizers on a broiler pan or cookie sheet and broil for just a couple of minutes until cheese melts.
- Serve warm.