1/1 Photo of Kelly's Saturday Night Pizza
2 hrs 5 mins
1 hr 30 mins
I'm posting this by request, because I hate paying high prices for pizza, too! No cheese, no sauce, barely any toppings...and SHEESH! the price! Maybe if we go back to making our own, some of these..(am I allowed to say crappy??) pizza places will either go out of business or make them better!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (1/4 ounce) packet active dry yeast
- 1 1/4 cups warm water, divided
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup olive oil or 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 1/2 cups flour, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (I like mine garlicy)
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder (optional if you don't like a slight onion flavor)
- oregano, thyme and italian seasoning (adds a lot of flavor!) (optional)
- 1In large bowl, sprinkle yeast over 1/4 cup warm water, stir to dissolve, stir in 1 teaspoons sugar to "proof", let set a few minutes.
- 2Add remaining water and oil.
- 3With large spoon, beat in 1 1/2 cups flour til smooth, continue beating for 2 minutes.
- 4Add rest of spices and herbs, stir well,.
- 5add rest of flour to make a stiff dough. Don't add last 1/4 cup if not needed.
- 6Turn out onto lightly floured board, knead until smooth and elastic, about 5-8 minutes forming a ball.
- 7Place in oiled bowl, turning dough all around til all sides are oiled.
- 8Cover, let rise in warm place til doubled, about 1 hour. Sometimes this takes an hour and a half.
- 9Punch down dough, divide in half.
- 10Press onto 2 lightly oiled, then lightly sprinkled with corn meal, pizza pans making 1/2" high borders on each all the way around.
- 11Spread half of*Kelly's pizza sauce” on each, top with toppings of your choice, then a few slices of provolone, if desired, and then shredded mozzarella, about a 1/2 lb.
- 12,on each pizza.
- 13Sprinkle lightly with parmesan.
- 14Then sprinkle with dried parsley.
- 15Bake in pre-heated 400º oven for 25-35 minutes, depending on how well done you like your pizza.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kelly's Saturday Night Pizza
Serving Size: 1 (1561 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1387.2
- Calories from Fat 275
- Total Fat 30.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1499.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 243.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.1 g
- Sugars 19.6 g
- Protein 34.8 g