1/1 Photo of Kelly's Rich Bechamel Sauce
I think the secret is the egg yolks, it just isn't the same richness without them. This is my basic, stand-by all-purpose recipe. I use it a LOT!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In frying pan or large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- 2Stir in flour, cook and stir constantly over lower heat for 2-3 minutes. DO NOT BROWN.
- 3Slowly whisk in 3 cups of milk.
- 4Cook and stir over medium heat til thick and low-boiling.
- 5Low-boil, stirring, for 3-5 minutes.
- 6In small bowl, mix egg yolks.
- 7Add, stirring, 2 Tbl. cooked sauce, ONE TBL. AT A TIME, into beaten yolks. Add a bit more sauce, stirring, then slowly whisk into skillet of sauce.
- 8Whisk in salt and pepper, remove from heat.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kelly's Rich Bechamel Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (949 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 537.2
- Calories from Fat 382
- Total Fat 42.5 g
- Saturated Fat 26.0 g
- Cholesterol 241.3 mg
- Sodium 1291.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 12.1 g