1/1 Photo of Kelly's Rich Bechamel Sauce
I think the secret is the egg yolks, it just isn't the same richness without them. This is my basic, stand-by all-purpose recipe. I use it a LOT!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In frying pan or large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- 2Stir in flour, cook and stir constantly over lower heat for 2-3 minutes. DO NOT BROWN.
- 3Slowly whisk in 3 cups of milk.
- 4Cook and stir over medium heat til thick and low-boiling.
- 5Low-boil, stirring, for 3-5 minutes.
- 6In small bowl, mix egg yolks.
- 7Add, stirring, 2 Tbl. cooked sauce, ONE TBL. AT A TIME, into beaten yolks. Add a bit more sauce, stirring, then slowly whisk into skillet of sauce.
- 8Whisk in salt and pepper, remove from heat.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kelly's Rich Bechamel Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (949 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 537.2
- Calories from Fat 382
- Total Fat 42.5 g
- Saturated Fat 26.0 g
- Cholesterol 241.3 mg
- Sodium 1291.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 12.1 g