Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
My DH say's that mine is the best Key Lime Pie he's ever had! I was SO HAPPY!! He used to live in Florida, and said it tastes just like the pie you get down there. (I was very proud and relieved to hear that! I was really nervous to make him one!) Hope you give my recipe a try. It's a wonderful, easy and no-fail recipe!
- 6 egg yolks
- 2 (793.78 g) can sweetened condensed milk
- 236.59 ml key lime juice, fresh or bottled
- 255.14 g keebler graham cracker crust, 10-inch size
- sweetened whipped cream or Cool Whip
- lime slices (to garnish, optional) (optional) or kiwi, slices (to garnish, optional) (optional) or fresh strawberries (to garnish) (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325º.
- In medium bowl, gently whisk eggs.
- Slowly whisk in sweetened condensed milk.
- Slowly whisk in key lime juice.
- *Do not over mix, this will create bubbles. Just stir gently til all ingredients are mixed together well.
- Pop into oven for 40-45 minutes. *My oven takes 44 minutes exactly.
- The edge of pie will just START to slightly poof up and the edge of pie will also be very SLIGHTLY a pale golden brown. Just very lightly browned. The pie also will no longer jiggle.
- Let cool. Pie will set up perfectly as it cools.
- Refrigerate at least 4-6 hours or overnight.
- Pie gets even better the next day! :).
- Serve with whipped cream topping.
- Garnish with slices of key limes, kiwi and/or fanned strawberries if desired.
- VERY rich and creamy!
- ***You can save the egg whites and make a meringue top if preffered. But we like the cool, smooth creaminess of sweetened whipped cream much better than meringue. ;).
- The only other thing I do, is I do add 2 drops green food coloring to the pie for a bit of green color. But this is totally up to you!
- *If preferred, you can also bake this pie in a 9" deep dish pastry crust.
Didn't really care for this recipe as it seemed too tart.I followed the recipe to a T also.We just came back from Florida and had key lime pie at several places including Bonefish Grill..none were this tart.I will try to make it again and cut down on the lime juice and maybe add some vanilla or something to cut the tartness
Fabulous recipe!! I was shooting to beat Bonefish Grill's key lime pie, and I think this did it! I added in the zest of 2 limes, used regular lime juice, and made my own crust (I just don't do pre-bought graham cracker crusts) using ginger snaps and chopped pecans!! SO good - this is definitely my new Key Lime Pie recipe!!
This pie was very, very tasty! What a great homemade desert with low prep time and amazing flavor! I followed the recipe to a T.