My DH say's that mine is the best Key Lime Pie he's ever had! I was SO HAPPY!! He used to live in Florida, and said it tastes just like the pie you get down there. (I was very proud and relieved to hear that! I was really nervous to make him one!) Hope you give my recipe a try. It's a wonderful, easy and no-fail recipe!
- 6 egg yolks
- 2 (14 ounce) cans sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup key lime juice, fresh or bottled
- 1 (9 ounce) keebler graham cracker crust, 10-inch size
- sweetened whipped cream or Cool Whip
- lime slices (to garnish, optional) (optional) or kiwi, slices (to garnish, optional) (optional) or fresh strawberries (to garnish) (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325º.
- In medium bowl, gently whisk eggs.
- Slowly whisk in sweetened condensed milk.
- Slowly whisk in key lime juice.
- *Do not over mix, this will create bubbles. Just stir gently til all ingredients are mixed together well.
- Pop into oven for 40-45 minutes. *My oven takes 44 minutes exactly.
- The edge of pie will just START to slightly poof up and the edge of pie will also be very SLIGHTLY a pale golden brown. Just very lightly browned. The pie also will no longer jiggle.
- Let cool. Pie will set up perfectly as it cools.
- Refrigerate at least 4-6 hours or overnight.
- Pie gets even better the next day! :).
- Serve with whipped cream topping.
- Garnish with slices of key limes, kiwi and/or fanned strawberries if desired.
- VERY rich and creamy!
- ***You can save the egg whites and make a meringue top if preffered. But we like the cool, smooth creaminess of sweetened whipped cream much better than meringue. ;).
- The only other thing I do, is I do add 2 drops green food coloring to the pie for a bit of green color. But this is totally up to you!
- *If preferred, you can also bake this pie in a 9" deep dish pastry crust.
Fabulous recipe!! I was shooting to beat Bonefish Grill's key lime pie, and I think this did it! I added in the zest of 2 limes, used regular lime juice, and made my own crust (I just don't do pre-bought graham cracker crusts) using ginger snaps and chopped pecans!! SO good - this is definitely my new Key Lime Pie recipe!!
This pie was very, very tasty! What a great homemade desert with low prep time and amazing flavor! I followed the recipe to a T.
This recipe is so easy and yet so tasty! I've started making it in mini graham wafer pie-crusts - 12 cups just barely fit the filling, if you fill them right up. It takes about 25 min to bake. My husband loves them, because I freeze them, and he can pull one out whenever he wants a treat...portion control!