1/6 Photos of Kelly's Rich and Creamy Key Lime Pie
My DH say's that mine is the best Key Lime Pie he's ever had! I was SO HAPPY!! He used to live in Florida, and said it tastes just like the pie you get down there. (I was very proud and relieved to hear that! I was really nervous to make him one!) Hope you give my recipe a try. It's a wonderful, easy and no-fail recipe!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 egg yolks
- 2 (14 ounce) cans sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup key lime juice, fresh or bottled
- 1 (9 ounce) keebler graham cracker crust, 10-inch size
- sweetened whipped cream or Cool Whip
- lime slices (to garnish, optional) (optional) or kiwi, slices (to garnish, optional) (optional) or fresh strawberries (to garnish) (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 325º.
- 2In medium bowl, gently whisk eggs.
- 3Slowly whisk in sweetened condensed milk.
- 4Slowly whisk in key lime juice.
- 5*Do not over mix, this will create bubbles. Just stir gently til all ingredients are mixed together well.
- 6Pop into oven for 40-45 minutes. *My oven takes 44 minutes exactly.
- 7The edge of pie will just START to slightly poof up and the edge of pie will also be very SLIGHTLY a pale golden brown. Just very lightly browned. The pie also will no longer jiggle.
- 8Let cool. Pie will set up perfectly as it cools.
- 9Refrigerate at least 4-6 hours or overnight.
- 10Pie gets even better the next day! :).
- 11Serve with whipped cream topping.
- 12Garnish with slices of key limes, kiwi and/or fanned strawberries if desired.
- 13VERY rich and creamy!
- 14***You can save the egg whites and make a meringue top if preffered. But we like the cool, smooth creaminess of sweetened whipped cream much better than meringue. ;).
- 15The only other thing I do, is I do add 2 drops green food coloring to the pie for a bit of green color. But this is totally up to you!
- 16*If preferred, you can also bake this pie in a 9" deep dish pastry crust.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kelly's Rich and Creamy Key Lime Pie
Serving Size: 1 (145 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 518.6
- Calories from Fat 175
- Total Fat 19.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 158.2 mg
- Sodium 312.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 77.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 66.6 g
- Protein 11.1 g