1/4 Photos of Kelly's Praline French Toast Casserole
I LOVE to make this dish for company that stays the weekend! Just serve with sausage or bacon and fresh fruit, and you're all set, except....your guests might not want to leave!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 loaf French bread
- 8 large eggs
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch salt (1/16 tsp., just half of an 1/8 tsp. approx.)
- 1Slice the bread into 20-1" slices and arrange the slices in a generously buttered 13x9 or larger baking dish, in 2 rows, overlapping the slices.
- 2In a large bowl, combine rest of ingredients beating with whisk til well blended but not foamy.
- 3Pour over the bread slices, making sure all are covered spooning some in between the slices.
- 4Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 5Next day, heat oven to 350*, make praline topping--"Praline Topping":.
- 6In saucepan, combine ingredients and bring to a boil, pour and spread evenly over top of bread slices.
- 7Bake casserole, uncovered, for 35-40 minutes til puffed and golden!
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kelly's Praline French Toast Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (347 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1100.8
- Calories from Fat 568
- Total Fat 63.1 g
- Saturated Fat 32.0 g
- Cholesterol 332.7 mg
- Sodium 998.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 112.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 35.5 g
- Protein 25.0 g