1/1 Photo of Kelly's Pizza Calzones
I love to make these! SO MUCH BETTER than take-out pizza!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 (1 lb) frozen loaves bread dough, thawed (I just wrap each individually in plastic wrap and thaw in fridge overnight)
- 2 (14 ounce) jars thick pizza sauce
your favorite pizza toppings
- 1Cut each thawed 1 lb loaf into 3 equal sections, roll and stretch each section into 9 (8") circles.
- 2Spread each to within a 1/2" from edge with pizza sauce, top each with favorite toppings, sprinkle each with mozzarella.
- 3Moisten edges with a little water or beaten egg, and fold over, sealing/pinching edges together WELL.
- 4Flute edge if desired.
- 5Place, on sides, on greased cookie sheet, prick tops with fork, brush with butter or olive oil, sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- 6Bake at 425º for about 25-35 minutes, til browned.
- 7(Or 475º for 15-20 minutes).
- 8*Toreheat leftovers, bake at 350º for 25-35 minutes til hot.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kelly's Pizza Calzones
Serving Size: 1 (203 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 467.5
- Calories from Fat 335
- Total Fat 37.3 g
- Saturated Fat 18.4 g
- Cholesterol 113.4 mg
- Sodium 972.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 23.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: