Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I love to make these! SO MUCH BETTER than take-out pizza!
Make and share this Kelly's Pizza Calzones recipe from Food.com.
- 3 (1 lb) frozen loaves bread dough, thawed (I just wrap each individually in plastic wrap and thaw in fridge overnight)
- 2 (14 ounce) jarsthick pizza sauce
your favorite pizza toppings
- 1 lb cooked sausage or 1 lb desired meat (+ whatever else you like on your pizza)
- 1 lb mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter or 8 tablespoons olive oil
- 9 teaspoons parmesan cheese
- Cut each thawed 1 lb loaf into 3 equal sections, roll and stretch each section into 9 (8") circles.
- Spread each to within a 1/2" from edge with pizza sauce, top each with favorite toppings, sprinkle each with mozzarella.
- Moisten edges with a little water or beaten egg, and fold over, sealing/pinching edges together WELL.
- Flute edge if desired.
- Place, on sides, on greased cookie sheet, prick tops with fork, brush with butter or olive oil, sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 425º for about 25-35 minutes, til browned.
- (Or 475º for 15-20 minutes).
- *Toreheat leftovers, bake at 350º for 25-35 minutes til hot.