Prep 1 hr
Cook 2 mins
This recipe is like jambalaya, but instead of rice you use pasta. I got the basic recipe from a friend and made it my own after adding a few more ingredients. It takes a little bit of time to make but it is worth it!
- 3 lbs chopped onions
- 3 lbs cubed pork
- 3 lbs sliced smoked sausage
- 3 lbs number 4 spaghetti
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 (10 ounce) can Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 3 (10 ounce) cansof campbell's beef gravy
- 2 (49 ounce) cans chicken broth
- tony chachere's creole seasoning
- If you have a cast iron jambalaya pot use it, if not you can use a magnalite or a very large oval pot to cook the Pastalaya. Start by browning the pork first. Brown it until it makes like a crust on the bottom. Set it aside in a large bowl. Next, brown the sausage. After you brown the sausage set it aside also in the same bowl as the pork. Then, add the chopped onions in the pot that you just browned all the meats inches Add just a little of chicken broth to release the flavor from the bottom of the pot that the meat made. This will turn the onions like a caramel color. Add cream of mushroom soup and beef gravy to onions. Stir till well blended. Add meats. Let this mixture come to a slight boil. Next, add chicken broth. You will not use both cans of broth. Add enough until it is about 2 inches from rim of pot. Let mixture come to a boil. Add the stick of butter. Add Tony’s seasoning to taste. To know that you have seasoned it well, when you taste it, it will pick your throat. It may taste like a lot of seasoning, but you will need it to make it have a good taste. After this mixture comes to a rolling boil, add pasta. Break the pasta in half. Stir with a pasta utensil. Let it come to a boil again then, lower the fire and cover it, stirring it occasionally. Keep checking the pasta by tasting it to see if it is cooked. It should be tender just like when you cook spaghetti. This makes a lot. It will feed at least 10-15 people. ENJOY!