Recipe by Wildflour
I can't go ANYWHERE without bringing these! Nice enough for wedding showers to football parties! REALLY hope you try them!
Top Review by gailsun
These are THE BOMB! It is my favorite appetizer to take to parties. I just finished another batch of them and cut the biscuits (Flaky Grands buttermilk biscuits) into fourths instead of cutting in half. It ended up being a very nice, small, nibble-like sandwich. I cut the onions to 2 TBSPs to make the onion flavor a bit more mild. Love them!
- 2 (12 ounce) canspillsbury big country refrigerated biscuits
- 2 -3 tablespoons stone ground mustard (*) or 2 -3 tablespoons spicy brown mustard (*)
- 4 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 6 tablespoons stone ground mustard or 6 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 10 slices virginia baked deli ham, cut each slice into 4 ths
- 20 slices aged swiss cheese, cut in half corner to corner
- 1 head lettuce, finely shredded to about 5 cups
- 20 black olives, drained, patted dry
- 20 pimento-stuffed green olives, drained, patted dry
- 40 frilled toothpicks
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400•.
- Cut each biscuit in half CROSSWISE, (not horizontal through middle), making a half moon shape.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet, spread tops with a little*mustard.
- Bake for 10-14 minutes or til golden brown.
- Cool on wire rack 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, combine onions and butter, mix well.
- In another small bowl mix mustard, mayo and honey.
- Split each biscuit open with sharp knife.
- Spread bottoms with butter mixture.
- Top each with ham, cheese and lettuce.
- Spread inside tops liberally with mustard-mayo-honey sauce.
- Place on top/lid.
- Spear an olive onto frilled pick, then stick through sandwich.
- You can make a half a recipe if you want, but if serving even 10-12 people, best to make 40!
- Everyone LOVES these!