I can't go ANYWHERE without bringing these! Nice enough for wedding showers to football parties! REALLY hope you try them!
- 2 (12 ounce) canspillsbury big country refrigerated biscuits
- 2 -3 tablespoons stone ground mustard (*) or 2 -3 tablespoons spicy brown mustard (*)
- 4 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 6 tablespoons stone ground mustard or 6 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 10 slices virginia baked deli ham, cut each slice into 4 ths
- 20 slices aged swiss cheese, cut in half corner to corner
- 1 head lettuce, finely shredded to about 5 cups
- 20 black olives, drained, patted dry
- 20 pimento-stuffed green olives, drained, patted dry
- 40 frilled toothpicks
- Heat oven to 400•.
- Cut each biscuit in half CROSSWISE, (not horizontal through middle), making a half moon shape.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet, spread tops with a little*mustard.
- Bake for 10-14 minutes or til golden brown.
- Cool on wire rack 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, combine onions and butter, mix well.
- In another small bowl mix mustard, mayo and honey.
- Split each biscuit open with sharp knife.
- Spread bottoms with butter mixture.
- Top each with ham, cheese and lettuce.
- Spread inside tops liberally with mustard-mayo-honey sauce.
- Place on top/lid.
- Spear an olive onto frilled pick, then stick through sandwich.
- You can make a half a recipe if you want, but if serving even 10-12 people, best to make 40!
- Everyone LOVES these!