Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a new twist on the chocolate covered pretzel. One of the other mothers at school made them for a Christmas treat. The combination of nuts, chocolate and carmel is always a crowd pleaser. And they are easy enough the kids can help.
- 24 small pretzels
- 24 Rolo chocolates, unwrapped
- 24 pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 250°F Place pretzels in a single layer on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Put one rolo on each pretzel.
- Put the rolo/pretzels in the oven until the rolos soften and start to melt.
- Remove from the oven and push one pecan half down in the middle of each rolo.
- Let cool.
- Remove from the parchment and store in an air tight container.
I got this recipe from a supermarket flier this year. These are great! And addicting. I made, like, 3 batches of them and ate one whole batch by myself. Also, I melted the chocolate in the microwave instead of the oven, 30 seconds at a time, testing for how soft the chocolate was.
What an easy, quick and delicious addition to my christmas tray! I test made them tonight (made a dozen) and they were gone within minutes. I baked for three minutes and topped half with M&Ms (for my daughter) and the other half with Pecans. I can't wait to try these once I have made and frozen them. I love to find things I can freeze and pull out when I need them! Thank you so much.
I make these every Christmas and they are the FIRST thing to dissapear off the goody treats! To jazz them up a bit, I drizzle them with melted almond bark once I have put the nuts on the rolos, and then I put Christmas sprinkles on them. I put them in the freezer for about five minutes to set up the almond bark. They keep REALLY well in freezer too - I usually make a massive batch and then just take them out as I need them...yummy!!