1/2 Photos of Kelly's Moo Shu Pork (Or Beef) Pockets
This is my version of Rachael Ray's from the Food Network Channel. I adjusted it to my own taste and availability of ingredients. They are AWESOME! Easy to make and even better the next day! Fantastic for company or football parties!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb raw ground pork, can sub ground beef (not sausage)
- 1 (16 ounce) package shredded cabbage, with the carrots bits in it remove 1 1/2 cups and chop smaller
- 2 minced garlic cloves (I use the jarred kind already minced)
- 8 gingersnap cookies, crushed to crumbs (place in ziplock baggie and crush with rolling pin, or in blender or food processor)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sliced green onion
- 1 dash cayenne (I like it in there) (optional)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil (if you have it) or 1 tablespoon wok oil (if you have it)
- 6 large tortillas
- hoisin sauce (comes in a little jar by the chinese stuff)
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1In large bowl, combine pork, 1 1/2 cups of cabbage, garlic, gingersnap crumbs, soy sauce, scallions and cayenne.
- 2Mix well with your hands.
- 3Form into 6 small, thick patties.
- 4In fry pan, heat oil over med-high heat and cook patties for about 5 minutes on each side, will be pretty well browned on both sides.
- 5While patties are cooking, mix 2 cups shredded lettuce with 1/2 cup cabbage and a bit more sliced green onions if desired.
- 6Warm tortillas in microwave, and thinly spread one side all over with a nice spoonful of Hoisin sauce to thinly coat whole tortilla.
- 7Place a small handful of lettuce mixture in center of each tortilla.
- 8Place a cooked patty on top, fold over sides, then far side and close side, overlapping and sealing with a dab of hoisin if needed, sealing making a nice"package". Place seam-side down, continue til all are wrapped.
- 9Slice in half with SHARP knife going down through non-folded side and serve with white or fried rice!
- 10These are to DIE for, and even better the next day!
- 11Only assemble what is going to be eaten, reheat patties the next day for leftovers.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kelly's Moo Shu Pork (Or Beef) Pockets
Serving Size: 1 (303 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 668.2
- Calories from Fat 250
- Total Fat 27.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 71.1 mg
- Sodium 1528.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 32.0 g