Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
You can change this up and substitute orange for the lemon. This is a very rich, very creamy cheesecake-for the real cheesecake lover :) Preparation time does not include time to cool.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- mix together graham cracker crumbs, 1/4 cup melted butter and sugar with a fork until crumbs moistened.
- Pour crumbs into the bottom of a 9 inch springform pan and press down firmly.
- set aside pan and crust.
- In a blender, blend sour cream, 1/2 cup sugar, eggs and vanilla on medium-high speed for about one minute or until smooth.
- Leaving the blender running, add pieces of cream cheese through top of blender one at a time; blend to smooth.
- Blend in lemon zest and juice.
- Turn of blender and gently stir mixture to get out air bubbles.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- When finished allow to cool in oven.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving.