Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a great pasta salad to take to a bbq or pot luck. Try different kinds of pasta as well, just about anything goes. It isn't a bad idea to wait to mix the dressing with the pasta until you are ready to eat. The pasta will absorb the dressing if it sits for a long time. Another option could be to double the dressing, and mix one batch in while making the salad and the other when you are ready to serve. Cooking time is listed as time to cook pasta.
Ror the dressing
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley (chopped)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper
For the salad
- 6 ounces fresh spinach (stemmed and chopped)
- 2 cups penne pasta (cooked and drained)
- 1 English cucumber (peeled and chopped)
- 2 scallions (chopped)
- 6 kalamata olives (pitted and chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese (crumbled)
- 2 plum tomatoes (diced)
- 1⁄2 red onion (diced small)
- 1⁄2 cup pepperoncini pepper (sliced)
- 1. Cook and drain pasta.
- 2. Mix dressing.
- 3. Chop veggies and add to pasta.
- 4. Add cheese and dressing, toss well.