Recipe by Wildflour
I make over 70 different kinds of pancakes,(all my own recipes!), these are one of my favorites! You can omit the raisins if you don't like them, but I really like them in there!
Top Review by SweetsLady
These were wonderful and tasty!! The batter was difficult in the pan, but it was worth the effort. I didn't have but 1/4 cup of molasses, so I substituted 3 T. brown sugar and then another 1 T. of milk. It still was wonderful! Thank you!
- 1 large egg
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup molasses
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, ginger, nutmeg, cloves and baking soda.
- In medium-sized bowl, whisk egg until fluffy.
- Whisk into the egg, the milk, molasses, melted butter and vanilla.
- Stir in raisins.
- Pour wet ingredients over dry and fold until all is moistened but batter is still lumpy.
- Scoop batter,(I use a 1/3 cup measuring cup for easy pouring), onto hot non-stick griddle over medium-low heat and cook/bake pancakes until brown on both sides, turning once.
- Serve with softened butter and warm maple syrup.
- Makes 10 pancakes.
- *These pancakes are a bit delicate, DO NOT try to turn them over too soon, or make them too big, lol. You’ll end up with a mess! Turn them when edges are dry and bubbles stop forming on the top.
- **These are a deep, dark, rich brown color and taste just like gingerbread!