Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 mins
Posting this for a good friend that wanted my recipe!! These really are tasty lil buggers!! Came up with the idea from a box of crackers that must have been "drop-kicked" by some warehouse workers subbing it for a football! :S!! The crackers were pretty broken up, so made the best of them!! LOL!! Enjoy!! :)
- 226.79 g containerselect raw oysters
- 1 beaten egg
- 236.59 ml finely crushed Chicken In A Biscuit crackers, more if needed
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 29.58 ml vegetable oil
- 29.58 ml butter
- seafood cocktail sauce
- Pour oysters into a colander, rinse gently with cold water, drain.
- Carefully pat oysters dry on paper towel a few at a time.
- Dip oysters into beaten egg, let excess drip off, then into cracker crumbs, set on plate. Repeat til all are coated.
- Place in fridge, or cook now.
- Put oils and butter in pan and heat to med-high heat.
- Carefully place oysters into hot oil.
- Cook til golden brown on both sides turning only once as breading and oysters are delicate. About 3-4 minutes TOTAL if using medium-sized oysters. Watch them carefully!
- Place on paper towels to drain.
- Serve with your favorite sauce such as cocktail, tartar or Ranch dressing.
- Serves about 2.
Great recipe. Quick and easy too. Thanks for posting.
Oh yes!! These were fantastic! I fellowed the recipe extactly. I usually have a hard time with frying oysters but these were great. Love the crackers and the hint of butter too. Thanks so much for sharing your recipe Kelly! Its a keeper for sure! :)