1/1 Photo of Kelly's Fried Oysters
Posting this for a good friend that wanted my recipe!! These really are tasty lil buggers!! Came up with the idea from a box of crackers that must have been "drop-kicked" by some warehouse workers subbing it for a football! :S!! The crackers were pretty broken up, so made the best of them!! LOL!! Enjoy!! :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pour oysters into a colander, rinse gently with cold water, drain.
- 2Carefully pat oysters dry on paper towel a few at a time.
- 3Dip oysters into beaten egg, let excess drip off, then into cracker crumbs, set on plate. Repeat til all are coated.
- 4Place in fridge, or cook now.
- 5Put oils and butter in pan and heat to med-high heat.
- 6Carefully place oysters into hot oil.
- 7Cook til golden brown on both sides turning only once as breading and oysters are delicate. About 3-4 minutes TOTAL if using medium-sized oysters. Watch them carefully!
- 8Place on paper towels to drain.
- 9Serve with your favorite sauce such as cocktail, tartar or Ranch dressing.
- 10Serves about 2.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kelly's Fried Oysters
Serving Size: 1 (89 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 468.9
- Calories from Fat 392
- Total Fat 43.6 g
- Saturated Fat 12.2 g
- Cholesterol 180.2 mg
- Sodium 257.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 13.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Chicken In A Biscuit crackers