This pie is to die for, and my most requested pie, too! Easy to make, very rich! Happy to share! Enjoy! :)
- In microwave, melt chocolate, set aside to cool.
- In medium bowl, cream butter, gradually add sugar, cream well.
- Mix in melted, cooled chocolate and vanilla.
- Add eggs 1 at a time, beating 5 minutes each, and scraping sides of bowl often to incorporate all sugar.
- (Beat until no longer any grains of sugar).
- Spoon and smooth into pie crust.
- Chill until set, about 1 hour.
- Serve topped with Cool Whip, chocolate shavings and a maraschino cherry.
- *Double this recipe for a 9-inch deep dish pie.
- Variations: add, in addition to vanilla, 1 teaspoons peppermint extract, tint Cool Whip pink for Valentines day, green for St Patty’s day.
- Top with crushed peppermint sticks/candy canes just before serving for Christmas.