Recipe by StaceyB
My youngest daughter, she is 6, always requests this stew. It is a favorite for our family of 4 and it feeds us twice.
- 1 -2 lb lean stew meat
- 3 lbs potatoes
- 1 (1 lb) bag carrot
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 1 can stewed tomatoes
- 1 can beef broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel potatoes and carrots.
- Cut potatoes into large pieces.
- Cut carrots into wheels.
- Dice celery and onion.
- Brown meat in a large stock pot.
- Add 4 cups of water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add carrots, celery, onion, broth, and stewed tomatoes.
- Again bring to a boil, then simmer 10 minutes.
- Add potatoes, salt and pepper, and more water to cover everything.
- Again bring to a boil, then simmer till vegetables are tender.
- Serve with Tabasco sauce and cornbread.