Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are large chewy cookies, not the small round cake-like kind. I made this up myself because I could never find a recipe like what I had in mind. Only took 2 times to get them they way I like them!
- 1 cup Butter Flavor Crisco
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon molasses
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups oats
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup packed raisins
- In lg.
- mixing bowl, mix (cream) shortening and sugars.
- Add eggs, molasses and vanilla.
- In another bowl, combine flour, soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- Gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Stir in oats, nuts and raisins.
- Chill 30 minutes.
- Roll into 1-1/2” balls, place 2” apart on greased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350• for about 10-12 minutes, cool on wire racks.
- I haven't ever been able to count how many this makes-- every time I go to put another batch in, I turn back around and half the rack is gone-- hmmm.